APAS Representative Election 2018
Every APAS member RM requires an APAS Representative - a ratepayer in that RM who is elected to represent the RM's agricultural producers in APAS votes and meetings. APAS Bylaws require that APAS Representatives are elected to two year terms in even-numbered years. Therefore, 2018 is an election year.
- Attend APAS meetings, including a yearly policy conference and Annual General Meeting.
- Gather producer input from RM on current agricultural issues to bring forward to APAS policy discussions.
- Debate and vote on policy resolutions.
- Keep local RM councillors and ratepayers informed of APAS activities, current policies and agricultural issues.
At least 18 years old
A landowner or producer in your RM or the spouse or child of an active producer
APAS provides a Per Diem to its Representatives from full member RMs and reimburses expenses incurred in the course of conducting APAS business, including mileage, meals, and accommodations. Please note, APAS does not cover the expenses of Representatives from RMs with a Transitional membership. To find out whether your RM has a full or transitional membership, please contact the APAS office.
The electoral process for APAS Representatives parallels the process of electing RM council.
- Each APAS member RM will put out a call for nominations by September 4, 2018. Nominations close on September 19, 2018. Completed nomination forms must be received by the RM office by 4 pm.
- In the event that an insufficient number of nominations are received, the deadline will be extended to October 3, 2018.
- Elections will be held in the APAS member RMs where more than one nomination is received on October 24, 2018.
- Elected APAS Representatives begin their two year term on November 15, 2018.
For more information, contact the APAS office at email@example.com or 306-789-7774.